Thursday 14 November 2013

Yarrow - achillea millefolium

I was given a young yarrow plant by a friend and I was instantly in love. I had to keep it in it's pot for a few weeks because the snails were very interested in the new addition to the garden.
Yarrow goes by other names such as 'bloodwort' and 'the devil's mustard'. Ruled by Venus, yarrow is a powerful herb which brings beauty and joy to me herb garden. It loves full sun, but does well in part shade too. Mine appears to be loving its little spot just between my sage and verbena.
Yarrow is ruled by Venus.
 
Yarrow can be used to make a poultice for wounds. It is a powerful healing plant and both the leaves and the roots can be used in magical working. Yarrow is effective in love spells and divination. Also, if yarrow is sprinkled around it creates a barrier for negative spirits.  
Such a beautiful sight.
Hiding in the depths of the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment